Male Facelift & Neck Lift in Harley Street, London
With today’s work and social environments, there is an increasing desire to look refreshed and less tired, to boost self-confidence and reflect your personality
Want to Learn If You Are Ready For A Facelift?
- Answer 30 KEY questions (take less than 5 mins) and receive customised results and advice.
FACELIFT SURGERY IN HARLEY STREET
Male Facelift & Neck Lift
With cosmetic procedures for men rising in popularity every year, more male patients are looking to refresh their appearance with male facelift and neck lift procedures. Patients want to look completely natural, reversing the signs of ageing that give men a tired appearance – loose skin and bands in the neck, loss of smooth jawline with increased lines, and wrinkles.
Dr Julian De Silva is a facial cosmetic and plastic surgeon in London. His approach to facelift and neck lift surgery delivers a natural, artistic result by focusing on the individual characteristics of each patient.
What Gives Men a More Tired Appearance?
One of the earliest signs of facial ageing is changes and sagging of the lower third of the face, the presence of jowls (the prominent soft tissue at the jawline) and a sagging neck with loss of the natural curvature and defined neck angle.
Along with eyelid changes, the neck is one of the first signs of facial ageing. A facelift for men that usually includes a neck lift restores the natural contours of the jaw and smoothens the angle of the neck beneath the jaw.
A rejuvenation resulting from a natural neck angle can turn back the years and make a person look years younger.
Why Choose Dr De Silva in Harley Street, London ?
“What is the VFR 7, it is a comprehensive solution to facial ageing, The Vertical Face Restore 7-Key steps. This is an artistic procedure that I have carefully created, perfected, and refined as a highly unique surgical procedure, thanks to its ability to address the entire face, and not just a portion of it. It has been developed over a 10-year period and thousands of hours of work and refinement.”
Compared with a traditional facelift, the VFR technique offers far more differences than it does similarities, the lift is vertically oriented, not horizontally, which is a major reason for the natural look. Additionally, the VFR 7 addresses your entire face and not just a portion of it, simultaneously rejuvenating the outer brow, midface, jawline, and neck. A traditional facelift only addresses the jawline by pulling it toward the ears.
Male Facelift & Neck Lift
What is Different?
When considering a male facelift, Dr De Silva believes it is essential to be conservative, focusing on improving the neck and jawline while preserving some of the natural facial lines.
Over pulled or over-lifted appearances give a ‘done’ look that is key to avoid.
Over-lifting in men’s faces can result in the feminisation of the face, and Dr De Silva is focused on conservative natural-looking results and takes measures to avoid this.
The differences between male and female facial anatomy must also be considered:
The facial bone structure is generally much thicker in men than women
Men have a stronger jawline and chin as well as thicker coarser skin
Facelift surgery is a surgery of finesse and detail.
Dr De Silva’s Technique
Face and neck lift surgery is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures Dr De Silva completes for men on a daily basis.
Dr De Silva utilises a spectrum of different male facelift and neck lift techniques from Los Angeles and New York. Every person differs in their facial shape, size, symmetry, ethnicity, genetic and exposure to environmental elements such as sun and smoke.
As a consequence, no two faces are the same. Dr De Silva tailors his surgical technique in accordance with multiple patient factors.
How Do You Hide Scars?
Scars are very important features of facial surgery, particularly in men, where shorter hair means that scars are potentially more visible.
Unsatisfactory scars are caused by a combination of factors including surgical technique, the position of scars, closure techniques (stitches vs staples) and genetics (1% of patients can have healing issues with scars secondary to their genetics).
Taking meticulous measures to minimised and hide scars are key to success:
- Surgeon’s technique. Surgeon’s use different techniques to complete a facelift and neck lifting procedure. Meticulous care and attention to detail are required to hide the facelift incisions in natural creases and curves.
- Location of the incision. The incision and scars can be hidden by placing the visible portion of the incision inside the ear canal or opening behind the little lump in front of your ear called the tragus. Patients with marked skin laxity require an approach to the minimised movement of beard growth. Dr De Silva discusses this with his male patients for the optimal outcome.
- Multiple-layered meticulous closure. Multiple layered skin closure ensures that there are deep stitches to support the soft tissues once the superficial skin stitches are removed; this is key to avoid unattractive widened scars.
- Bevelled incision. In hair-bearing skin the use of a bevelled incision in the hairline enables hair to grow through the scar after surgery, hiding the scar in hair-bearing skin.
- Deep plane face lifting technique. Lifting the deep tissues beneath the skin (SMAS or Deep Muscle Tightening) before skin closure is essential to give a natural-looking result and avoiding tension on the skin.
- Stitches. There are different methods that can be used to close the skin. Some surgeons use staples to save time; however, they can leave marks, unsatisfactory scars and are uncomfortable to remove. Dr De Silva avoids the use of staples in all patients as the best healing is from the use of fine sutures in non-hair bearing skin.
- 3D Telescopes. For some patients, a small high definition telescope is used to hide and conceal scars. With the use of natural techniques and the latest technologies, Dr De Silva is able to enhance the natural-looking neck contour and increase the longevity of the neck lift.
Facelift & Facial Only Treatments
By focusing entirely on only facial cosmetic surgery procedures, Dr De Silva is able to provide the expertise that can only come with specialisation: facelift and neck lift, blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty and chin implants.
Natural Looking Results
Dr De Silva is a believer in the importance of artistry behind cosmetic results and focuses his skills at delivering natural looking results.
Dr De Silva has pioneered the advances in technology to speed up recovery with a combination regenerative medicine techniques, Oxygen and LED Therapy.
World Class Expertise
Dr De Silva also teaches other surgeons internationally and has contributed to the development of advanced surgical techniques, laser technology and stitch-less tissue adhesives.
Dr Julian De Silva
5 stars based on 458 reviews
Renowned expert in Facelift/Facial Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery. Signature techniques in Blepharoplasty, Rhinoplasty and Facelift surgery. Expert in revision surgery and in natural looking results